A multi-specialty surgery center in Murfreesboro, TN is seeking an experienced, full time Surgical Scrub Tech to add to their outstanding Surgical Team. At our state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgery Center, enjoy your personal and professional life with no call, no weekends and no holidays! Come work in a successful center where the staff works hard and has fun!
Our state-of the art equipment allows surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
- Dental/Oral Surgery, General, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic, Pain, Podiatry
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment
- Responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon
- Other standard Surgical Scrub Technician responsibilities
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma / GED
- Completion of a Scrub Technician Program
- Certification preferable
- Two years of experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.