Business Office Assistant
Join Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery's outstanding team!
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, the Business Office Assistant is responsible for the daily functions of denial resolution which primarily includes researching accounts, analyzing EOBs, and interacting with insurance companies for resolution of denied balances. The Business Office Assistant will also assist in covering any aspect of the business office as necessary. These duties will include registration, insurance verification, charge audit, financial counseling, and patient calls. Successful candidate will possess outstanding multi-tasking+ abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
- Health, Dental, Vision, disability, and life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Reimbursement for license renewals
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- This position will be 32 hours/week (full-time)
- Associates Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 2-4 years of healthcare medical office experience preferred. Experience in working accounts receivables which includes denial management and other A/R discrepancies preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the hospital as a whole.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Strong computer skills
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.