Pre-Admission Testing Registered Nurse - PRN
Join Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery's outstanding clinical team!
- Shift Differential
- Competitive pay rates
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Pre-Admission Testing RN is responsible for documenting the patient history and current medications, performs pre-admission diagnostic testing as ordered, and provides pre-operative instruction and teaching. The PAT nurse is responsible for implementing physician orders, communicating with the surgeon and/or anesthesiologist any pertinent patient information, and providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all times.
- Health, Dental, Vision, disability, and life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 7 paid holidays
- Reimbursement for license renewals
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 year experience in a clinical setting
- Current Tennessee Nursing License
- Current CPR and ACLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Organizational habits
- Strong assessment and interview skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement ideology
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.