Radiology Technician - FT - Sign-On Bonus available
Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following:
orthopedic radiology, operating room Radiology.
Perform Pain Blocks.
File and log in OR x-rays, keep Mini C-Arm logs UTD.
Report system of radiology findings to physician.
Strong teamwork skills, utilizing "down time" to perform other assigned tasks, including room turnovers, restocking warmer, specialty carts, etc.
1. Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: orthopedic radiology, operating room Radiology.
2. Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
3. Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment
4. Record amount and type of film exposed
5. Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience preferred.
- AART Registered, State of Tennessee MRT and CPR Current.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Tennessee Department of Health - Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist
Education and Experience:
1-2 years experience in C-Arm in operating room setting.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.