RN PACU PRN Nights
Join Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery's outstanding clinical team!
- Shift Differential
- Competitive pay rates
- PRN Nights
Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and Nurse Manager of Pre-Op/PACU, the RN is responsible for implementing the Pre-Op Nursing Assessment/Post Anesthesia Care record and nursing care plan. The Pre-Op/ PACU nurse is also responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patient’s condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate.
As a leader in spinal and joint replacement surgery, we are proud of what we’ve achieved, and we believe that it’s our employees who have made that success possible. We strive to take good care of our employees, and we are always looking for exceptional talent. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be part of an extraordinary team, please consider Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery. We would love for you to join us!
- Culture: Family oriented, collaborative efforts, open door policy
- Quality Care: One of the only hospitals in Nashville with a Five-Star Rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Top 5% in the U.S. for spinal surgery, numerous Healthgrades awards for spinal and joint replacement surgery
- Education: Tuition reimbursement, training/in-services
- Recognizing and listening to our employees: Good Catch awards, employee appreciation week, Employee Leadership Committee, Employee bonuses
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- New grads welcomed
- Current Tennessee Nursing License
- Current CPR and ACLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Organization habits
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from one year old to geriatrics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement ideology
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.