Surgical Scrub Tech - Full Time, no weekends, call or holidays!
Our multi-specialty surgery center in New Lenox, IL is seeking an experienced Surgical Scrub Tech (Full Time) to add to their outstanding Surgical Team.
- No weekends or holidays!
- No call!
- M-F daytime hours
- Competitive compensation, benefits and retirement
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment
- Responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon
- Other standard Surgical Scrub Technician responsibilities
- 3-5+ years in the OR as a Surgical Tech Required
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma / GED
- Completion of a Surgical Tech Program
- Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.