Insurance Verifier PRN
Insurance Verifier / Patient Registration Specialist(Perdiem) needed for busy, multispecialty ASC in Oakland Park, FL. United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets.
The Patient Registration interfaces with patients and families, physicians and staff; Admit patients and process their paperwork; Update patient demographics/information in the system; Collect monies due and document in the billing system; Handle funds per office procedure. Answer incoming phone calls.
The Insurance Verifier is responsible for verifying patient insurance coverage, to ensure necessary procedures are covered by an individual’s provider. They are responsible for entering data in an accurate manner, to update patient benefit information in the organization’s insurance system and verify that existing information is accurate. This position requires professionals to spend extensive amounts of time on the phone with insurance companies and patients.
- Must have experience working with insurance companies, and have extensive knowledge of different types of coverage and policies.
- Must have excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to work on many projects at once.
- Must be very detail-oriented and organized, to maintain accurate patient insurance records.
- Must have the ability to focus and work quickly, as insurance paperwork commonly needs to be processed in a timely manner.
- Must work well with others, as she’ll work as part of a health care team, striving to provide patients with the best care possible.
- Must have a minimum of 1 Year of medical insurance verification and patient registration REQUIRED
- Bilingual preferred
- Knowledge of Advantx software a plus
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.