OCOM - OR X-Ray Technician
EVERY DAY GIVING EXCELLENCE
“Each Patient, Each Family, Each & Every Time”
Our staff is committed to creating an environment in which patients not only receive the best quality care but also the highest level of service. The staff works to continuously improve the processes that are important in meeting the needs of patients, their families, our physicians, and their staff.
We are seeking passionate, patient-focused, service-oriented healthcare professionals to join our team!
This position would be working normal daytime hours.
- To establish guidelines to identify the professional skills required for employment in the facility radiology department. The OR x-ray technician will be requested to provide the necessary certifications and licensure to verify their education and training. They must exhibit clinical skills in their area of expertise.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- The facility is a team effort. The RT will consider him/herself a part of the surgical team.
In addition, the RT:
- Utilizes the surgery schedule to timely locate imaging equipment in the appropriate OR
- Operates imaging equipment to produce the desired images per physician request.
- Acquires images with minimal radiation exposure to the patient and the surgical team by practicing radiation protection techniques, patient shielding and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Ensures images are documented in the electronic medical and departmental records.
- Verifies physician orders for applicable images are present in the medical record
- Communicates/educates radiation safety measures to the other members of the surgical team, including dosimetry badges.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining certification and participating in applicable continuing education.
- Ensures imaging equipment is readily functional. Coordinates malfunctions with the designated vendor with additional notifications to OR managers.
- Complies with federal, state and hospital regulations and policies to ensure environmental safety and compliance.
- Assists in the maintenance of adequate radio-graphic supplies.
- Assists the surgical team with other ancillary activities to facilitate the surgery schedule/perform other duties as assigned.
At OCOM we recognize our staff as our number one asset, and are proud to offer them:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance policy for employee with option to purchase additional coverage for employee, spouse and/or dependents.
- Company Paid Long Term Disability.
- Company Paid AD&D insurance.
- Short Term Disability available for purchase.
- 401(k) with a generous match.
- 7 paid holidays.
- High competitive salaries with bonuses and incentives.
- Generous PTO accrual program and personal days.
- FSA & HSA programs.
- License/Education Reimbursement.
- Weekends and holidays off.
- Employee Discount Program on travel, shopping, daycare, and much more.
- Incredible Work-Life balance.
- AART Registered
- OR C-Arm experience preferred but not required
- Willing to train newly graduated tech without experience
License and Certification:
- Requires degree from an accredited school of radiology with active registration from the board of American registry of radiological technologists within one year of hire date.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The employee works in a temperature controlled environment. Candidate must be able to read and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading, computers skills, and communication skills to deal well with the public (customers) as well as peers. Vision for near, mid-range, and far accommodation. Hearing for low, medium and high pitch. Position exerts up to 50lb. of force occasionally and/or up to 20lb. of force frequently and/or up to 10lb, of force consistently to move object. Requires pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling, stooping. Requires ability to work with hazardous materials. This position has been determined by the facility as having occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens and other infectious materials as defined by state regulations. All positions are responsible for adhering to and promoting its personal policies and procedures for the facility and for meeting the quality and customer service standards as specified by the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Requires qualification as a Basic Life Support Provider
- Requires ability to see, hear, and speak due to patient care responsibilities
- Requires the ability to distinguish between colors
- Requires analytical and organizational skills, effective communication skills, problem solving abilities and assertiveness.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.