OCOM - SPD Tech (10:30a-7:00p)
EVERY DAY GIVING EXCELLENCE
“Each Patient, Each Family, Each & Every Time”
Our staff is committed to creating an environment in which patients not only receive the best quality care but also the highest level of service. The staff works to continuously improve the processes that are important in meeting the needs of patients, their families, our physicians, and their staff.
We are seeking passionate, patient-focused, service-oriented healthcare professionals to join our team!
Manages decontamination and sterilization of equipment, instruments and supplies. Performs tests and maintains records for biological monitoring, courier assistance, and minor maintenance. Demonstrates the primary goal of efficiently providing surgical services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for:
- Working in conjunction with the OR staff to provide timely sterile instruments.
- Arranging instruments and supplies in convenient manner in appropriate storage areas.
- Remaining available to nursing staff and/or physicians in and around the O.R. to ensure appropriate instruments and supplies are obtainable.
- Collects instruments at end of each case for cleaning and sterilization.
- Responsible for being familiar with and carrying out all decontamination and sterilization according to department policy, infection control standards, state and federal regulations, and manufacturer instructions for use.
- Assists in cleaning instrument and nursing areas surrounding surgery suite. Assist as needed in cleaning of the O.R. under supervision of O.R. nursing staff.
- Responsible for ensuring routine maintenance of Autoclave and informing the SPD Manager of any malfunction or possible need for repair.
- Carries out biological monitoring of the autoclave(s).
- Performs other tasks as part of the O.R. team as assigned by the O.R. Nurse Manager and/or other O.R. nursing team members, including retrieving phone messages, assisting with medical supply inventory, etc.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement program and other ongoing risk management and safety programs as part of the O.R. team.
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens.
We value our employees at OCOM, & we are proud to offer them:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 7 paid holidays.
- High competitive salaries with bonuses and incentives.
- Generous PTO accrual program and personal days.
- FSA & HSA programs.
- License/Education Reimbursement.
- Weekends and holidays off.
- Employee Discount Program on travel, shopping, daycare, and much more.
- Incredible Work-Life balance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance policy for employee with option to purchase additional coverage for employee, spouse and/or dependents.
- Company Paid Long Term Disability.
- Company Paid AD&D insurance.
- Short Term Disability available for purchase.
- 401(k) with a generous match.
- Generous paid time off accrual program.
Licensure and Certification:
- Certification as SPD Technician preferred.
Environmental and Physical Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidate must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading, filing and sterile technique skills. Communication skills to deal well with employees, patients, families and physicians. Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch. Job requires physical ability for long term standing, occasional sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching with reaching above head and below waist. Job risks include exposure to blood and body fluids (high), contact with chemicals, lifting of 30 - 40 pounds, and exposure to infectious disease.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- One year previous experience in sterile processing preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.