Employee Health and Infection Control Nurse
We are looking for a Full Time RN trained in hospital epidemiology principles who will be a team player in our Quality Services department. We need someone who has a lot of energy, enjoys customer service and performs well with minimal supervision. If this is you, we encourage you to visit with us.
JOB DUTIES SUMMARY:
The Infection Preventionist/Employee Health Coordinator is responsible for:
- The surveillance, analysis, and reporting of healthcare associated infections
- Educating employees about infection prevention and control
- The development of health system policies and procedures to insure rigorous infection prevention and control standards that meet Joint Commission, OSHA, Public/State Health Department, and Centers for Disease Control requirements.
- Promoting health and safety to all employees by facilitating an Employee Health & Wellness Program which includes disease detection, prevention, and treatment
- Following up on employee illnesses and injuries
- Conducting employee health screenings
- Promoting a safe and healthy work environment
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas.
- A minimum of three years of progressive clinical experience in a surgical facility preferred. Additional coursework or certification in infection control is preferred.
- A minimum of one-year experience with internal and external data management systems.
- Detailed knowledge of hospital organizations, committees, department functions, and performance improvement activities.
- Effective communication, organizational and leadership skills, independent decision-making, and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, CDC and TDSHS standards.
- Working knowledge of the developmental needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to use Excel to develop and maintain spreadsheets, dashboards, databases and graphs
- Working knowledge in areas of patient care practices, microbiology, asepsis, disinfection/sterilization, adult education, infectious diseases, communication, program administration and epidemiology.
- Ability to develop and maintain an Infection Prevention & Control Plan that includes timely and accurate surveillance activities, investigation, reporting, action plans and education.
- Knowledge of Employee Health injury/exposure reporting procedures.
North Central is committed to providing clinical excellence in a safe, attractive environment for our community. We are proud that many of the physicians here have chosen to have ownership in this hospital. Their ownership enables them to have a voice in the administration and policies of our hospital. This involvement helps to ensure the highest quality of care for the community.
Please Apply Online
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.