Endoscopy Surgery Center of Bergen County is an outpatient surgery center specializing in endoscopic care. We are currently seeking a central sterile processing tech that is certified in sterile processing. We are particularly interested in a professional that has strong experience in processing trays and instrumentation in the GI specialty. Experience as a scrub tech is highly preferred.
The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation and sets up supplies and instruments for surgery cases. We expect our sterile supply technicians,who sterilize and prepare equipment and instruments, such as surgical tools to follow the strictest adherence to the sterile processing.
These technicians must follow guidelines for sterilization exactly since most medical equipment must be completely decontaminated before use. Often, they also are responsible for maintaining necessary supply levels in sterile storage areas. Other day-to-day duties of sterile processing technicians can include:
- Operating and monitoring steam autoclaves, sonic washers, and other sterilizing equipment
- Cleaning sterilizing equipment
- Organizing surgical instrument trays
- Recording sterilizer test results
- Must be a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years experience as Instrument Room Technician.
- Experience with high-level disinfection (GI scopes)
- Experience with all types of sterilizers.
- Knows operating room instrumentation.
- Organized in setting up operating room instrument tray.
- Understands operation of steam/ gravity sterilizer.
- Ability to prepare reports and keep records.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
Paramus, New Jersey
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.