Crown Point Surgery Center is looking for a Part-Time GI RN.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides nursing care by assessment, planning, treatment and evaluation/re-evaluation of the patient. Provides safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educative, individualized and goal directed nursing care to patients of the Center.
- Graduate of a Professional School of Nursing
- Current CO state licensure as a registered nurse
- Current certification BLS and ACLS.
- Evidence of continuing education
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Meets the needs of the nursing services as demanded by the schedule, particularly when overtime hours and time changes become necessary
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others
- Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while supervising/performing duties
- Periodic pushing, pulling and lifting of patients and/or equipment
- May have exposure to patients with communicable diseases, blood and body fluids
- May have exposure to hazardous equipment's/gases/chemical agents
- Monitor and assesses the physical/psychological status of the patient through personal observation and interaction during pre-op, intra-op and post-operative phases of the surgical event (according to the daily assignment).
- Assesses and responds to the individual, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patients and significant others. Acts as patient advocate in the coordination of patient care.
- Demonstrates understanding and interpretation of diagnostic measures such as lab tests, radiology exams, EKG’s, etc.
- Identifies goals for the individual patients and communicates these goals to others involved in the patient’s care
- Utilizing professional nursing judgment, takes action to implement the nursing care plan and resolve the problem identified for the individual patient.
- Utilizing supplies, equipment and resources to contain costs without compromising delivery of care
- Reduces chance of nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection control and environmental safety practices
- Reports and documents information accurately and in a timely manner
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude towards patient, peers, staff and all other contacts
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance where needed. Follows Center’s Policy and Procedure at all times and is an active participant in the QI program.
- Maintains confidentiality, privacy and security of all patients and the Center’s communication and documents
- Gains knowledge of all equipment and supplies and is familiar with their location, especially emergency supplies and equipment. Participates in staff meetings and in services (mandatory and regular)
- Demonstrates flexibility in patient care, assignment, schedule and needs of the Center
- Supervises employees with less qualifications and delegates duties to the according to qualifications, skills, education and competency
- Maintains a clean, pleasant and safe environment for self and others employees and patients and visitors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assumes responsibilities of the Nurse Manager in her absence as delegated.
- At least 1 year experience as a RN in GI.
- RN, current in the State of Colorado
- Current ACLS / BLS
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.