Charge RN Orthopedic Unit FT Nights OASIS Hospital
****$5,000 Sign on Bonus!****
We are looking for a Charge Nurse to join our team and provide excellent care for our patients while supervising nursing staff in the Post-Surgical Unit of our healthcare facility.
Who We Are:
OASIS Hospital is an award-winning surgical hospital specializing in the care of orthopedic and spine patients. Our recognitions include:
- HCAHPS Five-Star Rating for Patient Experience 2020, 2021, 2022
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Press Ganey Guardians of Excellence Award winner 2020, 2021, 2022
- Women’s Choice Award Best Hospitals for Orthopedics, Minimally Invasive Surgery and Outpatient Experience 2022
- Certified by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Center for Hip and Knee Replacement 2022
Orthopedic and Spine Inpatient Surgical (O.A.S.I.S) Hospital. We are a specialty inpatient hospital established to set a high standard for excellence and patient satisfaction in the delivery of orthopedic and spinal surgery. Our singular focus is the state-of-the-art care of musculoskeletal conditions including joint replacement, spine surgery and other reconstructive procedures. Our mission is to provide first-class surgical services for the community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment.
Job Summary: Under the direction/supervision of the Director of Inpatient Services, the charge nurse is responsible for making daily assignments, directing the work flow of the PSU/ICU units, and providing direct care for critical need patients. This position is also responsible for monitoring and mentoring of all staff, staff scheduling, staff evaluations, reviewing narcotic reports and researching discrepancies. The Charge Nurse also works with the PSU Director on Performance Improvement audits and activities.
Charge Nurse responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Mentor and train new staff while providing support and guidance to all staff members.
- Monitor medical charts and administer compassionate care and assistance to patients and families.
- Liaise with doctors and administrators and communicate protocol changes to staff.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum 2 years’ clinical experience as an RN in a hospital.
- Current Arizona RN License.
- Current BLS and ACLS.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Compassionate and sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to handle stress and long shifts.
**Sign on bonus is paid in 2 installments (50% at 6 months of employment and 50% at 12 months of employment).**
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.