- Responsible for the preparation of anesthesia equipment in the Operating Rooms for the first cases of the day.
- Stocking of all anesthesia supplies prior to the start of the day.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the OR’s, hallway and equipment rooms.
- Responsible for the proper care and handling of all surgical instruments including the cleaning, assembly, preparation, packaging, and sterilization under the direct supervision of the Lead SPD Tech.
- Demonstrates ability to follow equipment safety guidelines and is knowledgeable of the use and care of equipment.
- Tracks and places service call requests with appropriate vendors.
- Demonstrates decontamination process of instrumentation related to surgery and anesthesia.
- Must have the mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean lubricate, and reassembles.
- Must be able to problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation.
- Must have knowledge of the operation of sterile processing equipment and how operate the equipment.
- Prepares and assembles equipment and supplies per anesthesiologists’ requests as indicated by the case. Turns on or off the anesthesia machines, suction and oxygen.
- Assists in OR duties to include transporting patients, assisting in pre-operative and post-operative procedures, cleaning and turnover of OR.
- Assists with positioning of patients and placement of monitoring devices.
- Cleans anesthesia equipment and stock anesthesia carts with supplies per caseload. Understands and can apply decontamination procedures as they relate to anesthesia equipment.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to OR rooms as needed. Prepares equipment and supplies as indicated by the case through consulting the OR schedules and board to determine items needed based on patient age and procedures.
- Stocks anesthesia carts (instruments, disposable supplies, etc.) and rotates stock of anesthesia supplies as needed to ensure usage before expiration. Maintains adequate par levels.
- Coordinates with Materials Management to ensure availability of anesthesia, linen and other supplies at all times.
- Assists the OR in transporting patients, assisting in pre-operative and post-operative procedures of cleaning and turnover of operating rooms.
- Initiates safe practices and is knowledgeable about current policies and procedures. Specific procedures and practices related to pain management, abuse and neglect, sentinel events and response, variance reporting, response to sentinel event alerts, participation in Root Cause Analysis and other key policies and procedures is required.
- Exhibits knowledge of sterile technique. Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand washing, personal protective equipment, infection control surveillance, participates in emergency preparedness drills and safety practices to ensure personal, patient and visitor safety and a safe environment of care.
- Assists in sterile supply room under the coordination of the instrument technician to clean reprocess instruments and anesthesia equipment. Under the direction of the instrument technician, assembles and wraps instrument sets and anesthesia equipment.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous experience in a Department of Anesthesia and/or Department of Sterile Processing.
- Must complete Sterile Processing training program and acquire and maintain certification within the first year of employment and maintain the certification throughout OASIS employment.
- Must process effective organizational, communication and human relation skills.
- Previous Sterile Processing experience including knowledge of surgical equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologist & Technician certification preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.