Endoscopy Registered Nurse, PART-TIME (Surgery Center)
Baylor Scott and White Surgicare at Plano is seeking a Qualified Endoscopy Registered Nurse (GI RN):
- NO CALL
- NO HOLIDAYS
- PART-TIME, DAY SHIFT
Responsible for rendering professional care to patients undergoing GI procedures within the surgical center in accordance with established procedures. Functions cooperatively with physicians and staff, exhibiting teamwork characteristics. Prepares equipment and anticipates Physician and patient needs for GI procedures. Provides general maintenance of the clinical area and equipment. Oversees the GI procedures and maintains all aspects of the GI procedure area. Assessing patients prior to procedure. Document intra-procedure notes. Assist physician on all GI procedures.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with an unrestricted license in the state of Texas
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Must have at least 2-5 years' previous experience in Endoscopy/GI
- Previous experience in an ambulatory surgical center strongly preferred
- Must have current BLS, ALS and PALS
- Must possess a strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatric
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Must be an excellent team player and have the ability to communicate with staff, patients and physicians
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.