The certified nursing assistant position provides quality nursing care to patients; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; and assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides quality nursing care to patients in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for patients, and provides support to the patients according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the patients’ needs and preferences.
- Attends to the individual needs of patients, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, toileting, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating or other needs in keeping with the individuals’ care requirements.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of patients in the delivery of services to them. Interacts with patients in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of patients’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of patient abuse or violation of patients’ rights.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse such as lighting or equipment problems.
- Protects the personal belongings of each patient, including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing and memorabilia. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy and participates in efforts to locate missing items.
- Observes patients for changes in condition or behavior and promptly reports these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
- Answers patients’ call bells promptly and courteously.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including checking vital signs, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
- Lifts, moves and transports patients, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the patients, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Completes certified nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with hospital policies.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- CNA Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Stress Management/Composure
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
Will frequently be required to lift objects and patients that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to exert at least 25 pounds of force to assist with patient moving..
- Very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Dexterity: Frequent repetitive motion of hands/wrist involved.
- Will be working in a clean, well-lighted area
- May be required to deal with unpleasant environmental situations resulting from patient care or patient activity.
- Hazards and Risks: Direct patient contact with possible exposure to communicable diseases, exposure to radiation and CRT.
USPI’S EDGE™ (Every Day Giving Excellence)
USPI’S EDGE™ is the key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company. The process of completing EDGE™ requirements establishes processes and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE™. The involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role of gathering and/or entering data into the computer. All employees shall at some time during their employment be required to participate in the EDGE™ program.
HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1996
Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed including the practices and records relating to the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.