Regional Vice President, Operations- USPI, Virginia and North Carolina
The Regional Vice President will be responsible for ambulatory surgery centers in Virginia and North Carolina. They will be responsible for overseeing the operations, finance and partnership management of multiple facilities. The RVP is responsible for growth in case volume and EBITDA, recruitment of new surgeons and retention of existing surgeons and active management of the equity held by physicians in the partnership. The RVP will work closely with Development to identify and execute on opportunities to expand our presence in the market and will be responsible for ensuring a high Culture of Safety, Culture of Leadership and a low rate of Employee Turnover at all facilities.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The following description of the job responsibilities and performance expectations are intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job and is not intended to describe the minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Strategic Planning for each Facility (20% of Time)
- Responsible for ensuring each Administrator/CEO has prepared an annual business plan and is executing against it
- RVP oversees initial development of the plan and ensures quarterly updates at Board level and at each Partnership Meeting
- Monthly review of the plan by RVP during MOR calls
Case Growth (20%)
- New Physician Recruiting
- Monitor activities around earning more business from existing utilizers
- Engage with Health Systems, IPAs, etc. to earn appropriate cases at all facilities in the region
- New Service Line Development
Leadership Development with Administrators/CEOs (20%)
- HR training
- Financial/Reimbursement training (how to read and react to your MOR report)
- Communication with physician and health system partners training
- Industry awareness
- ID new talent, train and ensure succession plans are in place for Administrators, CEOs and the RVP role itself
Partnership Management (20%)
- Attend Governing Board Meetings
- Attend Partnership Meetings
- Partnership Equity Management
- Physician Succession Planning
- Communication with Health System Partners
Full Deployment of USPI’s EDGE and Leadership Initiatives (20%)
- BeSafe deployment
- BeKind Patient Satisfaction deployment
- Culture of Safety & Leadership action plans and annual surveys
- Prefer Master's degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration. Equivalent experience considered.
- Minimum five years’ experience with exposure to healthcare business development & operations, finance and business consulting
- Demonstrated experience in developing growth strategies
- Demonstrated success with people management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and formal presentation communication skills
- Ability to work well with “C” level healthcare partners, physicians, employees, patients, and fellow workers
- Excel & PowerPoint analytical and presentation skill a must
- Ability to effectively articulate financial results respond to questions from hospital and physician partners
- Strong mathematical aptitude to assist with financial budgeting, reporting and analysis
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.