Surgical Tech FT North Atlantic Surgical Suites
$1500 SIGN ON BONUS (after 90 days)
North Atlantic Surgical Suites is an ambulatory surgical center specializing in total knee and hip replacement surgery and orthopedic spinal surgery. Conveniently located on the Massachusetts border in Salem, New Hampshire, the state-of-the-art facility was created by leading-edge surgeons from Boston area Hospitals to provide the best possible patient experience. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets.
Work schedule 4/10hr shifts, 7a-5:30p
Surgical Technician anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
2. Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
3. Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
4. Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
5. Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
6. Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
7. Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
8. Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
9. Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
10. Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
11. Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
12. Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
13. Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
14. Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
15. Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
16. Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
17. Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program. Certification preferable. One year experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
What We Offer
As a valued member of USPI, your health and well‑being are important to us. We are proud to provide you and your dependents with valuable and significant benefits. USPI knows the value of well-rounded, balanced employees, which is why we offer a variety of additional benefits to help manage life’s daily stresses.
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to better yourself professionally
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Travel Assistance when 100+ miles from home for business or vacation
- Free parking
Who We Are
At USPI, we create relationships that create better care. We partner with physicians and health care systems to provide first class ambulatory solutions throughout the United States. We are committed to providing surgical services in the most efficient and clinically excellent manner.
USPI is committed to, and proud of our inclusive culture. An inclusive culture, in our view, is respectful of differences and nurtures and supports the contributions of each individual, while also embracing and leveraging diversity. A diverse workforce, combined with an inclusive culture, makes USPI stronger and better able to meet the needs of our diverse patient and physician population.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.