RN PACU PRN Theda Oaks
USPI Theda Oaks Gastro and Endo, is seeking a motivated Registered Nurse to join our team. Theda Oaks Gastro and Endo is a fast paced ASC environment committed to producing the highest quality work and experience for patients and their families.
We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets.
We focus on offering a high quality, ambulatory care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures.
Under the direct supervision of the Pre-Op/PACU manager, the PACU nurse is responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients'' condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time.
Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation.
Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for discharge.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Texas Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in PACU or ICU
- Interdependent Partnering
- Good communication and human relations skills.
- Mastering Complexity
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of perioperative process including knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia implications.
- Current nursing assessment and patient care skills.
- Telemetry experience necessary
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- CPR certified. ACLS certification is required within 6 months of employment if not currently certified.
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred.
- Work environment
- Outpatient Surgery
- Physical demands (i.e. works on a computer, use of telephone, lifts up to 50 lbs.)
- Works on computer, uses telephone.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking, standing, sitting. Light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts, equipment, ect. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist, be able to kneel.
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the position.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.