Operating Room Circulator
Join a fast-paced, multidisciplinary ambulatory surgery care team dedicated to providing exceptional care to all patients. Santa Barbara Surgery Center’s OR RNs work under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing. We are seeking an experienced OR RN who is focused on excellent customer service, has abilities to multi-task, show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards, maintain professional competencies, and to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. The position requires weekdays only -- no holiday, weekend, or on-call shifts. There may be the occasional late afternoon/evening shifts assigned, depending upon the OR schedule.
USPI and Santa Barbara Surgery Center offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Current CA Nursing License
• Current BLS, ACLS
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in OR Nursing
• Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
• Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
• Ability to care for patients with changing medical priorities and ability to respond accordingly
• Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
• Excellent teaching skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees (TEAMWORK)
• Strong customer service skills
• Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
• Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
The physical demands described here are representative of those that shall be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the OR RN position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear. The employee shall regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
USPI's EDGE (Every Day Giving Excellence)
USPI's EDGE is the key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company. The process of completing EDGE- requirements establishes processes and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE-. The involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role of gathering and/or entering data into the computer. All employees shall at some time during their employment be required to participate in the EDGE- program.
Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the standards established by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), and ensuring they are followed including the practices and records relating to the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and the risk of radiation. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.