Circulating Staff Nurse - Surgery Center of Scottsdale
United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. USPI’s mission is to provide first–class surgical services for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families. Under the general supervision of Charge Nurse and Clinical Director, this position provides nursing care to insure the safety of the patient during their transfer and stay in the surgical suite/procedure room.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- Direct and assist in carrying out safe aseptic techniques and procedures
- Supervise and directs the activities of surgical technician and non-professional personnel as necessary
- Perform assessments of patients for specific nursing care needed
- Checks room for needed supplies and prepares room for specific patient and procedure
- Assist in transporting patients to operating room/procedure room and checks patient record for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures (i.e. lab, x-ray, appropriate permits)
- Performs clean up following procedures, as well as general housekeeping duties
- Sets up operating room/procedure room with all necessary equipment an supplies
- Participates in on-going committees and other educational programs to enhance patient care
- Reviews physicians’ preference cards and updates as needed
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts and documentation of same as applicable.
The physical and mental requirement for this position require applicant to walk, stand, push, pull, and to move patients up to 80% of the time. Potential exists for exposure to blood and body fluids as well as other hazardous materials. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Shall be able to hear and speak. Shall be able to move up to 100 pounds.The applicant must have a thorough knowledge of general nursing theory and practice; a knowledge of operating room/procedure room technique; possess strong organization skills and flexibility; present good communication skills; have the ability to assess priorities; present a professional image; and be able to handle periods of stress.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to maintain sterile field throughout the surgical procedure
- General familiarity of medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room
- Strong communication skills and ability to promote departmental relationships to ensure continuity of care
- Capable of efficiently as a member of surgical/procedural team
- Ability to handle instruments correctly and checks for cleanliness and proper working condition
- Capability to function efficiently as a member of surgical/procedural team
This applicant will demonstrate ability to work as a team member and to communicate directly and professionally. Is flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented, and self-motivated. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. He/she is able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs, such as those for an infant, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patient. Maintains professional conduct and appearance.
The Circulating Registered Nurse must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and be currently licensed to practice nursing. A minimum of one-year experience in the operating room is preferred. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as function within a team; have the ability to assess patient needs, determine priorities, plan and direct care for the surgical patient, and must possess the ability to handle stress. BLS/ACLS required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.