RN - Endoscopy - FT
Responsible to plan, execute, and evaluate the nursing care given to patients in the Endoscopy nursing role. Provides patient care within the prevailing state standards of practice and according to the policies of the facility. Communicates appropriate information to other team members. Helps maintain equipment, supplies, and general cleanliness of the unit. May have additional responsibilities designated by the Clinical Nurse Manager, which may include but are not limited to providing patient care in other peri-operative departments, serving on committees, participating in quality improvement projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows and adheres to policies of the Center and demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
- Follows standards, policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for Endoscopy nursing care according to accepted standards.
- Maintains and demonstrates current skills and knowledge of Endoscopy procedures and techniques.
- Provides multi-dimensional care for assigned patients. Includes patient care in the pre-operative holding area, care in the Endoscopy suite, and care for the patient in the PACU.
- Maintains and demonstrates current skills and knowledge in endoscopic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to understand the unique needs of each age group of the patient population.
- Prepares patients, equipment and room for Endoscopy procedures.
- Assists physicians with Endoscopy procedures per the SGNA guidelines. Specialized knowledge, experience and training is required for endoscope manipulation under the direction of the gastroenterologist.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for the care of facility assets.
- Assesses the patient’s physiological and psychological needs.
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens.
- Seeks involvement in activities that promote professional growth and behavior.
- Uses good body mechanics.
- Remains calm and function as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
- Informs Clinical Manager applicable day-to-day situations.
- Follows employee health and other personnel and staffing policies
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Currently licensed in the state of Missouri. CPR certification required, ACLS certification required for full time employees. Demonstrates clinical competency, leadership, and teaching capabilities. Physically and emotionally capable of performing responsibilities of position. Minimum of one-year experience in outpatient endoscopy or surgery.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.