JOB TITLE: ORDERLY / OR SUPPORT
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: the OR Manager/Director of Nursing
TYPICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, pulling or pushing of carts. Frequent standing and walking or other means of mobility for extended periods of time. The ability to move and position large equipment such as c-arm, flouroscan, Stryker towers, beds, or gurneys. Requires exposure to bodily fluids, communicable diseases, toxic substances and radiation. Requires ability to work irregular hours under sometimes stressful conditions. Assumes responsibilities for own actions and seeks help as needed. Must have thorough knowledge of sterility and ability to implement and maintain the principles of aseptic technique and basic infection control practices.
DUTIES: ( This list may not include all of the duties assigned )
- Assist with room turnover and preparation for following procedures in a timely manner
- Collect and properly dispose of all wastes including biohazardous materials
- Assists with limited patient care in the operating, recovery, and procedure rooms as needed, specified, and directed under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Orders and stocks supplies for the areas assigned
- Weekly and monthly cleaning of designated areas as assigned by Infection control Nurse.
- Provides assistance with continuous patient flow by providing pre-operative area with clean, made up stretchers and /or moveable recliners, as necessary
- Assists with removal of dirty linens and placing trash in appropriate receptacles
- Maintain patient/facility confidentiality at all times
- Assist nurses as assigned
- Assists with the safe transfer of patient to gurney
- Assists with routine care, maintenance, and troubleshooting of designated equipment and devices
- Assists with the rotation, receiving, checking of out dates and storage of supplies
- Participates in quality assurance / performance improvement program
- Participates in activities as assigned to acquire and maintain accreditation
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of and compliance with safety policies and procedures, recognizes safety hazards, and initiate appropriate corrective and/or preventative measures
- High school diploma or GED.
- CPR certified
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.