Pre-Admissions Licensed Practical Nurse Treasure Coast Center for Surgery PRN
Treasure Coast Center for Surgery has been serving the Treasure Coast area since 2000. We are a busy, multispecialty ambulatory surgery center, performing outpatient procedures in Endoscopy, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Pain Management, Podiatry, and Urology. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International and our mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
Job Duties include:
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the rehabilitation patient.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Rehabilitation
Required: Applied for State Boards or currently holds an LPN license for the state of Florida, BLS is required.
Preferred: ACLS certification
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: Enrolled in a Registered Nurse’s Program.
Required: Nursing and medical knowledge of equipment and supplies.
Preferred: One year experience in area of expertise to which applying.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.