Surgical Scrub Tech Full Time Quarterly Bonus Available
Treasure Coast Center for Surgery has been serving the Treasure Coast area since 2000.
We are a busy, multispecialty ambulatory surgery center, performing outpatient procedures in:
- Pain Management
We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International and our mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own.
Each patient, each family, each and every time.
If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team.
- Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Reports to Clinical Director/Administrator Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
2. Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining a sterile environment.
3. Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
4. Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
5. Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
6. Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming the source/name of the specimen with the surgeon.
7. Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
8. Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
9. Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
10. Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
11. Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
12. Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
13. Attends services, conferences, and meetings as required.
14. Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staff, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
15. Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
16. Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
17. Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full immunization or obtain approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program.
- Certification is preferable.
- Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other skills and abilities:
- General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures in an operating room.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.