ENDOSCOPY TECH PRN DAYS
Provides care in the Endoscopy, meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Meets the communication needs of the patient and family. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in patient’s clinical condition or responses to treatment. Strives to maintain a steady level of productivity. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Clients served are predominately adults eighteen (18) year of age and older. Occasionally, adolescences pediatrics and infants are seen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Duties
- Prepares for procedures in a timely manner with all anticipated supplies and equipment for each individual endoscopy patient.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Turns over rooms in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for care of equipment, including cleaning and processing of scopes.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures.
- Assists with orienting new staff members to the department.
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound clinical decisions reflecting knowledge of facts, knowledge of diseases/conditions, and the care required.
- Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of care specific to the Endoscopy Department.
- Performs patient care, under the direction of the RN, in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of health care errors.
- Ability to be flexible, function under stressful situations, and to maintain a steady level of productivity; self-motivated.
- Takes assigned share of call; volunteers for extra call when the need arises.
- Willingly comes in early and stays over when the patient need arises.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department (Works weekends, no “special days off”, no exceptions).
- Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, is responsible for information presented at monthly staff meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CNA training and/or certification.
- Current BCLS certification.
- At least 1-year GI Laboratory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages desirable.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.