Surgical Tech FT Colorado Urologic SC Superior
Colorado Urology, a United Urology Group affiliate, is the region’s premier urology practice with more than 20 urologists and a team of Advanced Practice Providers serving patients at 11 medical offices throughout Boulder, Castle Rock, and the Denver metropolitan area. Colorado Urology provides a comprehensive array of urologic services to patients. The integrated approach to urologic care provides patients with access to experienced specialists, a comprehensive support team of healthcare professionals, innovative diagnostic tools, and highly advanced treatments and therapies.
Colorado Urology offers competitive salary and benefits packages with a great working environment. To view a full list of our benefits, please visit https://www.coloradouro.com/careers/benefits/
We are seeking an experienced Surgical Technologist for our Surgery Center located in Superior, CO. The Surgical Technician will provide clinical support by assisting physicians and nurses in ASC Surgical cases. This is a Monday - Friday position. Excellent working environment, great staff, competitive salary, and free parking offered. Plus, you DO NOT have to work weekends, nights, holidays or take call.
Under the supervision of surgeons or registered nurses, the Surgical Technologist is responsible for setting up operating room, preparing and transporting patients for surgery, adjusting lights and equipment, passing instruments and other supplies to surgeons and surgeon's assistants.
- Maintain a proper sterile field during surgical procedures.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Hand instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgeons' assistants, hold retractors and cut sutures, and perform other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
- Prepare patients for surgery, including positioning patients on the operating table and covering them with sterile surgical drapes to prevent exposure.
- Scrub arms and hands and assist the surgical team to scrub and put on gloves, masks, and surgical clothing.
- Wash and sterilize equipment using germicides and sterilizers.
- Monitor and continually assess operating room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs.
- Prepare, care for and dispose of tissue specimens taken for laboratory analysis.
- As part of your positions requirements, you are expected to travel to other sites within a reasonable geographic region.
- Perform other clinical and office duties as assigned by manager.
Salary Range: $26-$32
- Graduation from a School of Surgical Technology or Hospital-based Program.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Technologist in a general operating room.
- CPR certification is required.
United Urology Group complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.