Certified Surgical Tech Part Time
Certified Surgical Tech Part Time
When you join USPI, you’re joining a caring, compassionate team who provides excellence in patient care across all of our facilities. As part of our staff, you’ll work with a high level of professionalism and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care throughout their health experience. We follow the highest standard for nursing excellence, quality patient care, and innovation.
- Job Type: Full Time
URL for glassdoor logo needs to be replaced.
Glassdoor logo rating needs to be replaced with client rating. The last two numbers "01" should be updated with the client company number. You can find the company number on the reviews page of the company for example TMP's url is https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/TMP-Worldwide-Reviews-E247764.htm and the company number for TMP is 247764.In addtion to 'horizontalStarRating' you can change this to 'verticalStarRating'
What makes a successful Certified Surgical Tech Part Time at our location? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The culture of USPI revolves around our mission of treating each and every one of our patients, and their families, as if they were our own family members – each patient, each family, each and every time. We also believe in:
- Working with compassion and respect for others and each other, supporting our communities and advocating for our patients
- Acting with integrity and the highest ethical standards – always
- Delivering results through accountability and transparency
- Embracing inclusiveness for all people in our workplace and in the communities we serve
Medical, dental, vision, healthcare/dependent FSA, life and disability insurance
401(k) Retirement Plans
Secure your future with plans that also include employer discretionary match
Up to $1,500 maximum reimbursement per year
Paid Time Off
Up to 15 PTO days per year and 6 paid holidays
Monday-Friday work schedule, off weekends and holidays, no call required
Certified Surgical Tech Part Time
Advanced Surgery Center of Tampa, established in 2015, is South Tampa’s premier outpatient surgery center for Orthopedic and Pain Management procedures. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International, who provides first-class surgical services for local communities, and we recognize our employees as our number one asset. USPI’s mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
Our state-of the art equipment allows surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
- Minimally Invasive Spine, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Podiatry
The main role of the Surgical Scrub Tech is to anticipate the needs of the surgical team; establish and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
This position is Part Time.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
What We Offer
As a valued member of USPI, your health and well‑being are important to us. We are proud to provide you and your dependents with valuable and significant benefits. USPI knows the value of well-rounded, balanced employees, which is why we offer a variety of additional benefits to help manage life’s daily stresses.
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to better yourself professionally
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- No Weekends, Holidays, or On Call
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an appropriate surgical technician program or previous surgical technician experience of at least two years preferred.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory surgical center strongly preferred
- Must possess a strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and their implementation
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Must be an excellent team player and have the ability to communicate with staff, patients and physicians
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.