Director of Client Operations, Onboarding
Position Overview: We are looking for a Director of Client Operations, Onboarding. The Director of Client Operations, Onboarding is responsible for all Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) functions in support of new development or transitioning Ambulatory Surgical Centers joining the central business office. The Director is the main point of contact for the new centers and is responsible for obtaining and communicating A/R trends, ensuring all billing and payment processes are completed accurately and timely, and will create and maintain center manuals with center specifics. They will ensure the RCM department maximizes the collectability of the services performed. Ensuring that policies and practices support operational quality, efficiency, and compliance. They will coordinate with other functional areas that impact or support Revenue Cycle to ensure appropriate collaboration and system wide efficiency of operations.
Duties primarily include:
- Oversee the Onboarding and Implementation Team, responsible for working with new clients to establish a successful business relationship from Day One.
- Responsible for implementation and development of business systems for new clients, continued training on business systems for all clients’ as newly developed tools are implemented
- Initiate and maintain billing calls and minutes during implementation phase
- Ensure all aspects of billing/AR are reviewed, implemented and ready for Day One cases and or transition to include but not limited to, all business systems, Vision/ AdvantX libraries, contact cards, coding, op report transcription services, invoice and implant logs/pricing, block sheets and pain management, neuro-monitoring, high dollar procedures and supplies.
- Proactively address issues or concerns in a timely fashion
- Ensure Leadership maintains full awareness and status of all new clients, successes/challenges, and full scope of the implementation details by providing frequent updates
- Prepare implementation manuals for transition to Team after implementation phase is complete (Typically after 90 days/3months)
- Hold monthly meetings with Leadership to review upcoming clients to include all details of implementation, which Team new clients will transition to upon completion of implementation, which team members are responsible for workflow of the clients and any other pertinent information regarding implementation or concerns to be addressed
- Strategizes and communicates any issues that may require intervention
- Develops, maintains, and continually improves the implementation processes and procedures
- Provide training for onboarding team members in all aspects to include billing, payments, AR/Reimbursement strategies
- Continuously coordinate training courses for all staff on business systems to ensure all team members are up to date on new tools, procedures, and policies
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of previous RCM management experience in a healthcare related industry with Ambulatory Surgical Center or Outpatient hospital experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT codes, and ICD-10 codes preferred
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office Products- ability to create and build spreadsheets and reports in Excel
- Demonstrates competence in management and leadership skills to develop and implement organizational strategies and opportunities for improving ASC growth.
- Maintain current knowledge and adhere to appropriate regulatory standards such as Medicare.
- Ability to analyze data and develop systems to accurately control financial activity within a surgical center setting.
- Effective English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project management and operational implementation skills are a must.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.