Surgical Scrub Tech
At Pediatric Surgery Centers in Tampa, Florida, we provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. As a Surgical Scrub Tech at our facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls, no weekends and no holidays. We focus on offering a high quality, ambulatory care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures. We have been in operation at this location since 2005 and perform over 4,500 surgeries per year. Speciality areas include ENT, GI , General Surgery, Ophthalmology, and Urology.
The Surgical Tech performs pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative activities such as:
- Selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Transporting and preparing patients for surgery.
- Assists the surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- During the surgical procedure, observes patients' vital signs, checks charts, and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies.
- Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- After an operation, may help transfer patients to the recovery room and clean and restock the operating room.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of a Surgical Tech program.
Experience: Minimum 2 years' experience as a Surgical Tech.
Certifications: BLS required.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.