Manager, Business Operations (Local Remote to Florida/Georgia)
The Manager of Business Operations serves as a strategic leader and resource for assigned Regional Ambulatory Surgery Centers and Regional Market Leadership; serves as the liaison between USPI Revenue Cycle Services, works with the RCM Performance Improvement team, Regional Market Leadership and the Ambulatory Surgery Center Client; and continuously drives business office best practices to improve the Client's and Market’s revenue result.
The position is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Revenue Cycle Management, Ambulatory Surgery Center Clients in all areas relating to business operations, including advising and developing Business Office leadership, defining tactical objectives and process improvement initiatives; executing training and development of Business Office staff; and providing analytical review combined with measurement tools to ensure success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction and development support to Client's Business Office leadership to ensure Client's strategic objectives are met along with all key Revenue Cycle performance metrics. Partners with Client's management team and appropriate stakeholders to perform detailed reviews of revenue cycle and operation metrics.
- Facilitates regular scheduled meetings to report performance, concerns, training, and improvement plans with key stakeholders.
- Delivers ongoing training and development support to Client's Business Office leadership and staff.
- Engages with the RCM Performance Improvement team, Client, Regional, and National USPI Leadership to meet, and preferably exceed, performance goals.
- Participates in and represents USPl's Business Office operations in market-based leadership forums, including physician and health system partner meetings.
- Challenges the best practices and seeks opportunities to drive process improvements. Develops and implements action plans to address and improve deficiencies in process and performance as identified.
- Collaborates with on-site resources in service delivery and problem solving maximize solution offering and client satisfaction.
- Participates with providing comprehensive, succinct updates to USPI Leadership in order to drive awareness of any Client support requirements and/or risks that could impact service delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director, Sr. Director of Business Operations and V.P. Revenue Cycle- Business Operations as required to meet the business needs of USPI and other stakeholders.
Employee should demonstrate the ability to work as a team member among multiple departments. Employee must be able to communicate directly and professionally. This person is flexible, reliable, productive, and self-motivated, and maintains professional conduct and appearance. Employee will respect the confidentiality of patients, co-workers and center staff.
- Leadership-Strong communication and leadership skills, while acting as a role model and coaching team members in USPI core values.
- Interpersonal Skills- The ability to establish oneself as a trusted partner for counterparts; to effectively communicate and engage with all stakeholders of the organization, including physician and health system partners.
- Business Acumen- Effective communication (listening, written and verbal), problem solving, negotiation, positively influencing others, decision making, and time management.
- Change Management-The ability to help counterparts through difficult transitions to a new process, workflow, or situation.
- Motivation/Drive- Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning. Self-starting and going beyond what is asked to take on new challenges and create innovative solutions.
- Analytical Skills- Expertise with Advance MS Excel Functions; demonstrated mathematical/analytical aptitude; ability sufficient to work in a data-heavy environment and to identify trends.
- Adaptability/Flexibility-Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and redirect when necessary to best serve the Client.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent demonstrated academic achievement.
- Minimum of 5 years of Business Operations and Revenue Cycle experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- Strong understanding of Revenue Cycle Operations within an ASC setting and/or demonstrated, relevant knowledge.
- Proven success in project management roles, to include developing and implementing business initiatives.
- Understanding of the industry trends, market dynamics, and key performance indicators.
- AdvantX experience a plus.
- Travel: Up to 75%, as travel is part of the role, a Motor Vehicle Report will be run on the finalist
Tenet Healthcare/USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.