PACU Nurse Memorial Hermann Surgery Center The Woodlands
MH Surgery Center The Woodlands is a 6 OR multi-specialty surgery center. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Nurse to join our team!
Ideal candidate will be focused on excellent customer service, have the ability to multi-task, the ability to show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards, maintain professional competencies and have the ability to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. Prefer candidate with 2 year's experience. Position requires weekdays only -- no holidays, weekends, or call. Some later evenings required. Competitive salary for the right candidate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Texas Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in PACU
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.