Experienced Business Office Float-PRN
Toms River Surgery Center is a multi-specialty surgical practice with strong customer service as its core. We are seeking to add an experienced office staff member who is able to support several roles in the business office. A successful candidate will possess outstanding multi tasking abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters. We are offering this role as a PRN opportunity; we make no commitment to the availability of shifts or benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies insurance prior to patient's arrival, to include Add On's and Direct Admits
- Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
- Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization.
- Calculating and Informing patients of amount due
- Communicating with the Physician's Office
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
- Daily preparation of charts for next day's surgeries within required deadline
- Preparation of medical consents for each chart prepared
- Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
- Other duties as assigned
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the hospital as a whole.
- Extreme multi- tasker
- Strong medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.