PRN Pre/Post Op / PACU Registered Nurse
We are looking for a PRN Pre/Post PACU nurse. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets. As a PACU nurse at our facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls, no weekends and no holidays!
We focus on offering a high quality, ambulatory care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures. Under the direct supervision of the PACU manager, the PACU nurse is responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients' condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate. Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation. Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for discharge.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current NJ RN License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in PACU or ICU
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.