Surgical Tech FT Atlantic Coast Surgical Suites
USPI Atlantic Coast Surgical Suites is seeking a motivated Surgical Technologist to join our team. Atlantic Coast Surgical Suites is a fast paced ASC environment committed to producing the highest quality work and experience for patients and their families.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Surgical Technologist scrubs for surgical procedures and demonstrates competence while functioning as a member of the surgical team. Prepares and maintains supplies, instruments and equipment related to these procedures. Supports the philosophy, objectives and goals of the Surgery Center. Supports and participates in quality improvement activities.
Experienced in supporting in the following specialties: Orthopedics, ENT, General, GI, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pain, Plastic, Podiatry, Urology.
What We Offer
As a valued member of USPI, your health and well‑being are important to us. We are proud to provide you and your dependents with valuable and significant benefits. USPI knows the value of well-rounded, balanced employees, which is why we offer a variety of additional benefits to help manage life’s daily stresses.
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to better yourself professionally
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Travel Assistance when 100+ miles from home for business or vacation
- Free parking
Who We Are
At USPI, we create relationships that create better care. We partner with physicians and health care systems to provide first class ambulatory solutions throughout the United States. We are committed to providing surgical services in the most efficient and clinically excellent manner.
USPI is committed to, and proud of our inclusive culture. An inclusive culture, in our view, is respectful of differences and nurtures and supports the contributions of each individual, while also embracing and leveraging diversity. A diverse workforce, combined with an inclusive culture, makes USPI stronger and better able to meet the needs of our diverse patient and physician population.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an appropriate surgical technician program or previous surgical technician experience of at least two years.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory surgical center strongly preferred
- Must possess a strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and their implementation
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Must be an excellent team player and have the ability to communicate with staff, patients and physicians
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program. Certification preferable.
- Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that shall be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear. The employee shall regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
- USPI'S EDGE-(Every Day Giving Excellence) USPI'S EDGE is the key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company. The process of completing EDGE- requirements establishes processes and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE. The involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role of gathering and/or entering data into the computer. All employees shall at some time during their employment be required to participate in the EDGE program. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed including the practices and records relating to the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and the risk of radiation.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and the risk of electrical shock.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.