Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Trophy Club has been a top choice for local physicians that serves all people through exemplary health care and community service. We are a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health, Tenet Healthcare, United Surgical Partners International, and local physicians. We perform over 7,000 procedures and have 9 operating suites with 21 inpatient rooms, and an emergency department open 24/7 with an ED physician on-site.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Trophy Club is seeking an HIM Coordinator to join our family.
Under the general direction of the Business Office Director and hospital administration, the HIM Coordinator provides assistance and support to enable health information to be complete and readily available to practitioners providing health care.
- Maintain the record to ensure the following functions are completed
- Accurately scan information into the patient record to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Flag deficient patient records for physician completion.
- Analyzes patient discharge records for deficiencies and update computer software.
- Release of Information to offices and patients, following proper HIPAA standards
- Daily Communication with physicians on-site and with their offices for record completion
- Other duties as assigned by hospital administration
Position Requirements for the HIM Coordinator:
- Minimum 1-2 years of hospital or medical records experience required.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission Standards
- RHIT, RHIA, or other credentials preferred
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the center as a whole.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional manner.
- Must be able to adhere to hospital financial and admitting policies.
- Ability to promote positive relationships with patients and staff.
- Must know insurance verification and collection processes.
- Must have problem solving and decision making skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.