Responsible for effective and efficient collection efforts to significantly reduce day sales outstanding, improve cash flow and minimize bad debt expense. Informing patients of their due estimated balance prior to surgery, calling patients after insurance claim is paid to inform of remaining balance due, setting up payment plans with patients, if needed. Setting up drafts in transaction database, calculating Charity Care applications; Special projects as assigned by management.
Interface with patients and families, physicians and staff. Admit patients and process their paperwork. Assists with scheduling of add-ons and walk-in patients. Update patient demographics/information in system. Collect monies due and document in billing system. Handle funds per office procedure. Assist with overflow of work from reception (Chart preparation), verification, and HIM. Promissory note management and collections. Special projects as assigned by management.Required Skills:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have skills necessary to operate the office equipment required to fulfill job duties.
- Experience collecting commercial, managed care claims preferred
- Computer knowledge required.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Responds to telephone and on-site inquiries from patient in a courteous and informative manner.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Managed Care knowledge beneficial.
Trophy Club, Texas
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.