Licensed Practical Nurse Full Time Advanced Center for Surgery
The Advanced Center for Surgery in Vero Beach is a busy, multispecialty ambulatory surgery center in Vero Beach, performing outpatient procedures in Orthopedics and Neurology. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International, providing first-class surgical services for local communities. USPI’s mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse .This is a fast paced environment that is driven to reach the highest quality and satisfaction outcomes.
Job Duties include:
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the rehabilitation patient.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Rehabilitation
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Florida Nursing License
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 year experience in a hospital setting preferred.
*Experience working in an ASC is a plus.
*Must be team-oriented and patient-focused.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.