Surgical Tech/SPD/Materials Manager
Bon Secours Surgery Center at Virginia Beach is seeking a motivated Certified Surgical Technologist to join our team. Bon Secours Surgery Center at Virginia Beach is a fast paced ASC environment committed to producing the highest quality work and experience for patients and their families.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director, the Surgical Technologist will work in a per diem capacity scrubbing for surgical procedures. The primary role for this motivated Surgical Tech will be functioning as a member of the Sterile Processing Department and Materials Management department, offering their surgical expertise to both of these roles. Both the SPD and Materials Management departments are currently staffed with excellent employees, however the volume of business is requiring additional resources to both departments. The Surgical Tech that will be successful in this role with need to demonstrate competence while functioning as a member of the surgical team in all areas of responsibility, including: 1. Prepares and maintains supplies, instruments and equipment related to the surgical procedures scheduled. 2. Supports the philosophy, objectives and goals of the Surgery Center. 3. Supports and participates in quality improvement activities.
Experienced in supporting in the following specialties: Orthopedics, ENT, General, GI, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pain, Plastic, Podiatry, Urology.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an appropriate surgical technician program or previous surgical technician experience of at least two years.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory surgical center strongly preferred
- Must possess a strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and their implementation
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Must be an excellent team player and have the ability to communicate with staff, patients and physicians
What We Offer
As a valued member of USPI, your health and well‑being are important to us. We are proud to provide you and your dependents with valuable and significant benefits. USPI knows the value of well-rounded, balanced employees, which is why we offer a variety of additional benefits to help manage life’s daily stresses.
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to better yourself professionally
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Travel Assistance when 100+ miles from home for business or vacation
- Free parking
Who We Are
At USPI, we create relationships that create better care. We partner with physicians and health care systems to provide first class ambulatory solutions throughout the United States. We are committed to providing surgical services in the most efficient and clinically excellent manner.
USPI is committed to, and proud of our inclusive culture. An inclusive culture, in our view, is respectful of differences and nurtures and supports the contributions of each individual, while also embracing and leveraging diversity. A diverse workforce, combined with an inclusive culture, makes USPI stronger and better able to meet the needs of our diverse patient and physician population.
Highly skilled surgical tech practitioner
Organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work with technology; software associated with inventory management
Attention to detail
Certified Surgical Technologist
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.