Orthopaedic Technician Full Time
Palm Beach International Surgery Center is a busy, multispecialty ambulatory surgery center in West Palm Beach, performing outpatient procedures. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International, providing first-class surgical services for local communities. USPI’s mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
Responsible and accountable for providing leadership to direct the intra-operative care to the orthopedic surgical patient in partnership with the Board Runner. Coordinates with physicians and vendors, the acquisition of equipment and implants needed related to specific procedures. Accountable for facilitating a collegial relationship between nurses, physicians, and other healthcare providers and for obtaining maximum efficiency of the daily schedule. Preforms duties in a certified surgical technician capacity as needed in accordance with hospital regulatory and professional standards.
- High school education
- Orthopedic experience in the Operating Room with demonstrated skills as an OR Technician
- CPR certificate
- Completion of recognized courses for surgical technologist and certification. BLS required
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, communication competence.
- Leadership- acts as a professional role model.
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation and applied uses for specific surgical procedures.
- Understanding of appropriate methods of care, cleaning, and reprocessing of instrumentation.
- Understanding of sterilization methods and parameters.
- Knowledge of required supplies, inclusive of , but not limited to, drapes, sutures, and medications needed for most surgical procedures.
- Core competency completed
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.