Radiology Technologist PRN
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is the world’s leading academic medical center focused on musculoskeletal health. United Surgical Partners International (USPI) is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) in the U.S. and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one asset. USPI has partnered with HSS to develop and open a premier outpatient Orthopedic surgery center in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our mission is to car for each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team
We are looking for a skilled Radiology Technologist for an elite, HSS–affiliated orthopedic surgery center.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: IV and contrast administration, orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room Radiology, outpatient diagnostic Radiology, myelography and arthrography.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- AART Registered and current CPR.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.