Radiology Technologist, PRN
Worcester Surgery Center is seeking a PRN Radiology Ultrasound Tech to join our multi-specialty surgery center. This clinical professional will be tasked primarily to assist for our pain cases as well as our more invasive procedures. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking to supplement their income or gain flexibility in their schedule.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: IV and contrast administration, orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room Radiology, trauma Radiology, GI Radiology, outpatient and inpatient diagnostic Radiology, myelography and arthrography.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Process film in accordance with standardized procedures and maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- AART Registered and CPR Current.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.