Administrator - Reading Surgery Center
The Reading Surgery Center of the Surgical Institute of Reading (RSC), an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International, offers a high quality, service oriented environment for surgical patients. Our state-of the art facility has three operating rooms and one procedure room, allowing surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
Anesthesia, Gynecology, Orthopedic, Orthopedic Foot & Ankle, Ophthalmology, Pain Management, Plastic Surgery and Podiatry.
Job Summary: Responsible for directing, coordinating, and controlling all aspects of the operating functions, processes, and staff of the Center while demonstrating the primary goal of efficiently providing surgical services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows, adheres to, and enforces all policies of the Center.
- Supervises all Center employees in conjunction with department managers.
- Develops appropriate working relationships with the Governing Body, Medical Director, and Medical Staff.
- Establishes communication with appropriate sources to ensure effective strategic approaches in the market.
- Calls upon and coordinates the use of corporate personnel and hospital resources.
- Maintains a high level of personal service to physicians and patients.
- Maintains appropriate levels of personnel.
- Participates in professional and community organizations to promote better public relations.
- Interact with the general public in areas relating to health care.
- Encourages new physicians to use the center by direct calls.
- Assures that all requirements of local, community, state, and federal agencies are met, including the performance of fire drills and the development of a disaster plan.
- Is ultimately responsible for the safety of the center and all equipment within the center.
- Recommends promotions, commendations, or disciplinary action including discharge of employees. Completes the function in conjunction with the appropriate department manager.
- Approves purchase orders & invoices, and signs checks.
- Develops procedure manual and operating forms in conjunction with department managers.
- Supervises and works closely with the Business Office Manager to institute budget controls, monitors accounts receivable and payable, prepares and projects annual budgets.
- Attends medical advisory committee meetings and submits required reports.
- Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and education purposes.
Qualifications: Shall have 3 years of management experience. Health care management preferred. A college degree preferred. A nursing degree preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.