Medical Surgical Unit Registered Nurse - Surgical Institute of Reading
The Surgical Institute of Reading (SIR), an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International, offers a high quality, service oriented environment for surgical patients. SIR ranked in the top 100 hospitals for total joint replacement for five years and for spine surgery for the last two years. Our state-of the art facility has four operating rooms and one procedure room, allowing surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
Anesthesia, Gynecology, Orthopedic, Orthopedic Foot & Ankle, Pain Management, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry, General and Spinal Surgery.
We are looking for a top-performer with solid knowledge in Medical Surgical Unit. This is a fast paced environment that is driven to reach the highest quality and satisfaction outcomes in Pennsylvania.
Day Shift - three twelve hour shifts per week with every third weekend.
- Current Pennsylvania Nursing License
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS, preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 year experience in a hospital setting
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, hospital staff, physicians, vendors and the public.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.