The Surgical Institute of Reading (SIR), an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International, offers a high quality, service oriented environment for surgical patients. SIR ranked in the top 100 hospitals for total joint replacement for five years and for spine surgery for the last two years. Our state-of the art facility has four operating rooms and one procedure room, allowing surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
Anesthesia, Gynecology, Orthopedic, Orthopedic Foot & Ankle, Pain Management, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry, General and Spinal Surgery.
The RN Pre-op/PACU is a Registered Nurse that provides quality patient care using the nursing process, the medical plan of care, and organizational policies. The RN Pre-op/PACU provides safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the perioperative services for all patient populations. The RN Pre-op/PACU supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Pennsylvania Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Pre-Op/PACU. Previous experience working in an hospital surgical setting preferred.
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
*Must be team-oriented and patient-focused.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.